Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dec 7

Wow!

A few of my accomplishments in the last 4 months:

Eight successful adoptions, from Charlotte to Wilmington.

A mention in TIME magazine. Yep, this is a big one.

Three awesome television news stories; one from FOX, one from WBTV and one ran statewide through WSOC.

An amazing six member board of directors in place.

A major article in the Fayetteville Observer.

Awarded "Link Leading Lady" by 107.9FM.

Lost contact with "friends". Yep, I actually consider this a positive, to have gotten people out of my life who are "takers" versus "givers".

Two articles on The Examiner web site.

I also feel like I have sort of found my groove over the last four months. I have spent some days working and pushing myself so hard, it felt like a marathon. But I did it. I have also learned to delegate and step back when others are willing to help. And I have learned that no matter what, I have a partner who will stand by me, encourage me and love me. I have discovered I am more powerful that I ever thought I would be, and that I can do anything I set my mind out to do. I have also learned to trust, but not blindly. Any uneasy feeling I get is now listened to and dealt with accordingly, whereas I used to sweep it under the rug.

Hooray for growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment