Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec 8

Ahhh, Winter. I love the cold. Makes me feel alive.

Two more adoptions are in the works, number 13 and 14 for H4H. I remember how hard the first adoption was, logistically speaking, from every angle. Seems like a couple of years ago.

The veteran who is renting a room at our house is re-building her life. She has a boyfriend, volunteers and is working toward bettering herself. Kudos, young lady. My mom gave her a gift certificate with which she bought a coat, the first new coat she has had in a long time. This is what Christmas is all about.

Bean is getting old. Her old bones hurt when it's cold. It makes me sad. She is only eight but it seems she has aged quickly in her life. She was a total puppy for two years, then she has slowed down considerably ever since. She is even cuddling with a cat, a cat who licks her, for crying out loud.

Santa is going to Iraq to visit our troops and he is taking H4H tshirts with him. He plans to give one to the highest ranking General he meets. Pretty darn big deal. Santa leaves CLT for BGW Friday. He is a great man. Served four tours as a medic in Vietnam.

Is there every going to be a day in my life that I don't crave spicy buffalo chicken wings? I swear I could eat them every single day. It's the only food I will eat "on the bone". They are good boneless too, and the BEST on a salad at a place in the DFW airport with ranch dressing. Heaven.

Seriously, when will I stop wanting to run out at any hour to pay any price to buy some spicy buffalo wings? I hated spicy foods until...I'm really not sure. But I used to always get mild wings and then one day I ordered medium. Now I order hot and feel kind of bad ass about it. Am I going to be that older woman in the contest who eats the hottest wings on the planet one day?

I have the best partner in the whole world. His name is Jason. And no one knows his true awesomeness but me. I feel so privileged.

Now for a bath and some reading and sleep. This semi-balanced life is good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment