Sunday, December 6, 2009

Friends

I love my friends.

Last night Bitsy and Dan hosted their annual Fais Do Do at their house. There was no dancing, thankfully. I got to see all of my favorite people (and some of my not so favorite people, but it's the holidays so whatever), try out a balance board game, which I'm going to ask my dad to get me for Christmas, and sing in a Rock Band. I do not sing and don't pretend like I can. My singing is even worse than my dancing. So I never ever sing, not even in the car by myself. My singing voice is just so bad and off tune it hurts my own ears. If I were to go to church, I would probably be kicked out during the opening hymn.

But I felt comfortable last night, and I sang. In front of people! It was great fun. My friend Jen and I sang duets most of the night, to songs that weren't duets, like Billy Joel and Gwen Stefani tunes, but whatever. People took turns playing the guitar, bass and drums. People in their 30s playing Rock Band. It was awesome. Had a blast. The most fun I've had since the last time I saw my friends. We stayed well past my 10pm bedtime but it was worth every lost minute of sleep. I love my friends.

1 comment:

  1. we love you, too! i'm so glad that you stayed up past your bedtime to hang out with us. :)

    ReplyDelete