Thursday, December 24, 2009

Winter break update

Since Dec. 10th, I haven't had much of a life outside of kitchens and work. Since then, I made four kitchens, all from scratch, from luan, 2 X 4s and 1 X 2s. Everyone has been happy with their purchase until today, when a completely unreasonable woman named Erin decided to take her holiday stress out on me. It put me in a bad mood, and I'm sulking a bit, but Jason is taking me out to dinner and I will feel better in a bit.

I sacrificed so much to get all of my kitchens done. I don't have any decorations up, no tree, no holiday cards went out, and no baking done. No dinner planned. And it chaps my ass that this woman Erin has decided to be a completely unreasonable person. I busted my ass to get her kitchen done and the thanks I get is that she's not happy with it. It's the same quality of every other kitchen I've made, but she is not happy and nothing I can do will make her happy. After 30 minutes of her berating me over the phone, I told her to bring it back and I would refund her money. She was so defensive she threatened to stop payment on the check. I told her she didn't need to do that; I wouldn't deposit it. I'm really upset about it.

But we're going to dinner. Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. crappy people suck. hope your hibachi dinner helped lighten the mood.
    dream of sugarplums dancing tonight.
    (PS- you're totally welcome to come over tomorrow morning for cinnamon rolls!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. You're so sweet. We slept in yesterday and played games. She is bringing the kitchen back today. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete