Saturday, December 26, 2009

Winter Break continued

I'm still really upset about Erin and the kitchen. Jason worked really hard at trying to help me cheer up today by taking me to the mall to walk around, to Sephora to play with makeup, to Maggiano's for lunch and to jewelry stores to try on engagement rings. He's so great. He just left for the grocery store, to get some cheeses and crackers and wine for dinner. Did I mention how great he is?

We had a good Christmas. Ate hibachi, opened presents and went to bed late, then slept late Christmas day and played games like Yahtzee. We asked everyone for gift cards for restaurants, so we have been eating like kings lately. I love to cook but when I'm tired, stressed or in a bad mood I can't cook. So we have eaten out at least four times in the past three days. I also got some clothes, a digital picture frame, a Dewalt drill bill set (really needed this), some journals and really fuzzy comfy socks.

I'm excited about the Spring semester starting at school. Starts in 16 days. Once again, all of the science classes I wanted to take were full when I registered, so I'm taking something completely unrelated, Carpentry. I'm happy about it but I'm feeling a little like a slacker because it's not towards my Biology major. Oh well, maybe this is my equivalent of a teenager's summer in Europe.

3 comments:

  1. cheese and crackers and wine for dinner sounds perfect. i'm feeling a little christmas-d out...

    don't let one pissed off soccer-mom ruin your weekend. have a very merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so sorry about that crappy lady! don't let her get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. The woman's husband returned it this morning and apologized for his wife's behavior. He said she "can be a little high strung". I feel much better, after seeing the kitchen and being 100% sure that it was 'her' and not the kitchen, with issues. I can probably sell it to someone else without much effort. Turns out they bought something at Ikea. I love Ikea, but it explains a lot about the transaction as a whole.

    ReplyDelete