Friday, July 31, 2009

Countdown to Fall Semester

Work has been pretty tough lately, so much so that I have kept a "school countdown" for about two months. After today I have only two full weeks until I go part time. I can hardly wait, and I spend every task-free moment at work Googling animal-related careers, images and information. In the meantime, I'm putting more hours in at CRC. I have arranged to work eight hour shifts this Sunday and next, and a few hours after work on a Tuesday. Working additional hours is exciting to me because I get to feed the nocturnal birds, who I haven't met yet, plus I will get to meet new people at CRC, which is always good. Every person I have met at CRC, I really like, as opposed to the people I meet at work, who I mostly dislike.

This fall I am taking my first college level science courses:
Statistics
Chemistry 1
Geography

All are four credit hours each. Chem and Stats have labs, and Geo is online. My schedule is totally manageable:
Monday - work a full day
Tuesday AM - school Tuesday PM - school Tuesday late PM - school
Wednesday - work a full day
Thursday - full day and night of school
Friday - study
Saturday - study, volunteer and recreation
Sunday - volunteer

This is a very easy schedule, compared to the veterinary medicine schedules I have seen online. It's much more challenging when you're taking 25 hours of courses, which is what most vet programs require. Remind me of that when I'm whining mid-October about homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment