Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunny and 70 Degrees Update


It's been a little bit of a weird week, getting used to the Zoloft, but overall I'm very happy with my progress. The first 3 or 4 days I was very tired, a little ditzy-feeling and had no appetite whatsoever; days 5 through 8 I vacillated between feeling mopey and "pretty good". Today I feel great! I have no anxiety and I'm not tired. I'm keeping all fingers crossed that I will feel this good tomorrow.
I spent a few hours at The Raptor Center cleaning, preparing food and taking a few pictures with my camera phone. The shots aren't great but you can see one of the enclosures I go into and a few of the owls. I'm starting to feel like I belong there a little, and it's a nice feeling. Since Christine showed me how to go into the hawk cages I'm no longer afraid of them. I just go in and do what I need to do and get out without freaking out over it.
I have been looking for and reading blogs of veterinary school students. Found a great one of an American student studying in Ireland today. She posts very detailed notes from cases at school so I feel like I'm getting a small taste of what school would be like. It seems very very hard. I'm not sure I'm smart enough.
Back to work tomorrow. The countdown to Fall semester has begun, it's just five weeks away, which is 25 working days. The bill for tuition came in the mail Friday, making it feel very real. Book lists have been posted and my books will cost as much as tuition. I can't believe publishers still get away with that crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment