Thursday, July 23, 2009

Today is Thursday Tomorrow is Friday!


I am ready for the weekend, as usual. Hopefully the weather will be nice so I can get a little sun.

My bruises from last Sunday's run-in with the hawk are still blue. They were actually a little worse than I had thought prompting a couple of people to ask me about them; I explained the whole incident in detail. The funny thing is that as soon as I start talking about the birds, it puts me in a great mood. It doesn't matter how rotten I feel or how crummy of a day I'm having, talking about the birds lifts my spirits and makes me smile. I love that I have finally found something that makes me so happy.

On a totally different note, we're thinking about taking a weekend trip to Washington DC for Labor Day weekend to visit The National Zoo (it's free!), some Smithsonian museums (they're free!) and to hear the National Orchestra at a, you guessed it, free concert Sunday the 7th. Flights are cheap and we can use public transport while we're there, so a bulk of the cost will be for lodging. I'm going to put an ad on Craigslist for a place to see what comes up. Under $75 in a decent neighborhood and we're going!

No comments:

Post a Comment