Friday, July 17, 2009

Weekly Recap Tidbits

Today I paid my tuition bill for fall and purchased one textbook. Since I'm going to community college this semester my books will cost as much as my tuition. I love to read and appreciate books but $250 for a used book makes me nauseous.

This has been a summer of reading, with about nine books so far. The last was The Secret Life of Bees and it was good. Next is James Herriott's All Creatures Great and Small. One of my favorites was Tell Me Where It Hurts, written by a small animal emergency vet. Marley and Me was great too. I think I should read a non-animal related book after Creatures to broaden my horizons a little.

I lost three pounds!

I'm no longer an anxious ball of nerves!

This weekend at The Raptor Center I'm going to talk to the resident vet or the volunteer coordinator to see if I can start to focus on some duties other than cleaning cages and feeding. I'm happy to do both, and I know they are vital but I really would like some more exposure to medical procedures. I'm going to suggest expanding my shift two hours from 10-4pm so I will have time to clean, feed and learn new stuff.

One of the guys at the check-in counter at the gym told me I looked pretty today. That's always so nice to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment