Thursday, September 10, 2009

Maybe I should be a statistician instead

I woke up early this morning to spend a few extra minutes reviewing my Chemistry material. It helped a little but not much. I'm basically predicting that I made between a 65 and 75 on the test.
The Stats test I took Tuesday went much better. I thought I had made an A, and in fact I scored 98%. I'm very happy about it. It's nice to have a little positive reinforcement after all of the negative feedback I've gotten from the Chem class.

Tomorrow I have no work or class (that's right, I have no class--I'm a classless pirate hooker), so I'm dedicating the day as follows:
Wake up when I wake up, with no alarm
Eat breakfast while reading blogs, newspapers and Facebook posts
Crack open the Chemistry book around 9:30am
Work on Chemistry until I "get it" (approximately 4-6 hours)
Go to the gym or walk/run outside if the weather is nice
Go to a party at a co-worker's house at 5:30
Come home and hang out with Jason and the dogs

Hopefully I can get a handle on the new unit we have started, on The Mole. I thought I understood it in class, but when I tried to do the homework I obviously didn't quite grasp the concept. I also need to work on the concepts I didn't get for the first exam, mostly nomenclature. I'm good at the math parts but really bad at
the "language" parts. I'm also bad at foreign languages, go figure. I just don't get why acids and bases and ionic compounds and salts and polyatomic compounds with H all are named differently. I'm more confused with these than I was with Equity Options while studying for the Series 7.

I'm heading back to CRC this Sunday after a two week hiatus. I'm anxious to see how the birds are doing, especially my little Osprey buddy. Although I needed the break to get caught up in school, I have really missed going there each week.
How can you not love this face? ------------->

No comments:

Post a Comment