Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good surprises

We have been stressing about finding material to support the beds in the camper. We didn't find the supports when cleaning out the camper and the previous owner said he had never seen them, so we were pretty sure they were MIA. Then today I read the owner's manual, cover to cover. It talked about an itty bitty compartment at the rear corner of the camper. That was where the poles were supposed to be. Even though we had checked the camper out pretty well both before we bought it and after we got it home, neither one of us saw this tiny compartment, that has a three inch cover. Tonight I got home and took a look. It was right under our noses the whole time. A little bitty compartment, in the rear of the camper. The cover took some convincing to come unscrewed, but when I removed it, I saw the glorious support poles. Awesome.

Things seem to be falling into place with this camper. I'm hoping (maybe praying?) tonight that tomorrow will go well, when the inspector and mechanic are here to look at it. After they leave, hopefully, I will be on my way to the DMV to get a tag. When I get an "all clear" from the DMV, it will be OK to say WE ARE GOING CAMPING!!!!! Statistics class is from 6-815pm, then I will officially be on vacation. I will spend Friday morning packing, refilling the LP tank and flushing the water system. And dreaming about our maiden voyage. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. nice! i hope all goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything went great, then I skipped class. Not good, I know. But I'm so excited to get on the road, there is no way I can focus.

    ReplyDelete