Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The To Do List gets a little longer

Turns out the camper is so old, it only has a 15 digit VIN number. Cars, trucks, campers etc. nowadays have 17 or 18. Sooooo, the DMV has to have an inspector come out to our house to verify the VIN. Not sure how long this will take, probably a few days for the appointment and ten minutes for the actual appointment. Then I have to go back (yes, I went to the DMV this morning to find all of this out, even though I called on the phone before and they said I was good to go) to the tag office to apply for the tag. I'm thinking our chances of getting to go this weekend are about 50%. But I'm hopeful. I really want to go!

Oh, and Jason ran in to a mechanic while getting the light adapter today. The guy mentioned that the type of adapter we need indicates that the camper has electric brakes. So now those are on the list of things for the RV Mobile mechanic to look at Thursday. Hopefully we won't end up spending hundreds of dollars. I'm hoping less than $200 total.

Last but not least, my school is having GeekFest next Thursday. I can't wait! Lord knows I love to hang out with my kind. Yes, I'm a geek and proud.
One lecture in particular has me excited: EcoBox
Here's the lecture description: ECObox: Building a Portable Sustaining Livable Habitat
The EcoBox is a self-contained environmentally sustainable workshop built from a standard shipping container. The workshop comfortably accommodates two people for extended periods, and include all energy needs and waste disposal without connections to outside systems, excepting sunshine and rain. This project is a leap towards a truly sustainable design.



No comments:

Post a Comment