Friday, August 7, 2009

Happenings


Jason's Birthday
Jason turns the big 3-5 September the 6th and I wanted to do something special for him. So I have been searching online for a little weekend getaway and have booked a cabin near Blowing Rock, North Carolina for Labor Day weekend. I wanted to keep it a surprise but I'm the worst at keeping a gift a secret. So I told him and he's thrilled and I'm thrilled and we're just going to hope and maybe even pray that it doesn't rain. The last two vacations we have taken (Nova Scotia and Myrtle Beach) downpours fell every single day of seven day trips. And I'm not talking rain for an hour or so, I'm talking rain all day long. I came back from a week at the beach whiter than when I left. If it rains this time I'm just gonna freak out.

This Weekend
Tomorrow we're going to the McDowell Nature Preserve and Park. We will pack the dogs, a cooler full of food and water and the camera up in the Jeep and spend the day there. I can't wait. It's supposed to be very hot, in the 90s with plenty of humidity, but the area is heavily wooded and we can sit and put our feet in Lake Wylie to cool off. The dogs love going there, especially when they get to hike and then cool off in the water. We're also going to try fishing, courtesy of the Charlotte Park and Rec department, which loans fishing equipment for free. Jason knows how to fish but I have never been. I looked up how to humanely kill a fish, should we actually catch something big enough to eat. Lots of pics to come. I'm expecting it to be gross.

Health
I have lost twelve pounds since starting to work out and eat less. All of my "fat pants" are loose and I need a belt to keep them up. I'm also feeling much better mentally. I'm happier and less anxiety-ridden than I have been in a very long time. I know I have made it through the dark tunnel and the light around me gets brighter every single day. I'm excited about the future and I'm elated that I have found my true calling. It's about freaking time!




No comments:

Post a Comment