Sunday, August 30, 2009

What happened to hanging out on Sundays?


I'm starting to understand Chemistry, and it's getting more interesting to me. I took today off from volunteering at CRC (it's my first Sunday off in three months), and I'm glad I did. Tonight I can relax and prepare for the week. We're going to the mountains for Jason's birthday next weekend, and I do not want to bring a ton of work with me. Chemistry homework is complete for the week and the 3rd section quiz is done. I scored 80% on it. I think our first test is the class after the holiday, so I won't have to learn anything new that weekend, just review.

This is where we are going, and I can't wait! The owner gave us a great student-discount-last-minute rate. Jason is really excited about going too, even though it's his big 35th birthday and I can tell he's feeling a tiny bit "old". After his birthday, I will start feeling "old" because I was born just about 4.5 months later. Nana's is coming by the house twice a day to watch the dogs. It should be a nice, peaceful and fun weekend sans "the kids".

On a different note, my friend Jen and her husband bought a camper and although we don't have a truck big enough to tow one of the magnitude they bought, we could definitely get a popup like this and tow it with the Jeep. With a camper we could take the dogs with us on trips and save money on pet sitting as well as spend more quality time with them. Plus we would have a stove and fridge and a bed to sleep in at night. And we could go on vacation much more often that we can currently afford to since campground fees are so low compared to hotels. I'm on the lookout for one for sale on Craigslist that needs to be refurbished for cheap cheap cheap, like as in $200, or trade for something that we have but no longer need, like tools or something.

What the hell has gotten into me? JennBenn wants to buy a popup camper? Seriously? I'm sure my parents think I have lost my ever-loving mind. I dunno, but I want to be outdoors and a camper sounds a lot better than sleeping on the ground. Maybe that's why it makes sense. Or maybe I'm just cuckoo. Or maybe it's a phase. Could be a phase. I think I need to think about the camper some more before actually buying one to make sure it's not impulsive.

2 comments:

  1. 1 - congrats on your chemistry accomplishment!
    2- happy early birthday to Jason. We'll be on vacation during his actual birthday, but we should get together soon to celebrate and catch up (when you can find time in your extremely busy schedule).
    3- you SHOULD get a camper. but hey, i'm the crazy lady that bought a 31 ft trailer on an impulse. we do have big plans for the thing though...hopefully more than just a weekend here or there. if you got a pop-up for cheap, we could do little weekend camping trips together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 thank you
    2 I will tell him and we should get together
    3 It would be so fun to have little camping trips! I found a camper tonight on CL that the guy will trade for. Going to see if he will take some of our lawn equipment and stuff.

    ReplyDelete