Saturday, August 8, 2009

McDowell Nature Preserve






We opted to forgo fishing since the dogs were coming with us and they're hard enough to babysit without fishing line and hooks around. Diesel, although always excited to get into the car, does not like to actually go anywhere. Maybe he's agoraphobic. He would be most happy driving around the block and ending up back at home. Bean, on the other hand, loves to go anywhere, including the vet.

We hiked for a while, then found a sandy beach to camp. Bean went for a short swim and Diesel even got his feet wet. We sat there for about an hour, then Diesel started getting very whiney so we headed back home. It was a good, relaxing morning. Once the weather cools off a bit we will go more often and stay longer. I can't wait to try camping this Autumn.

We managed one decent self portrait, which Jason took. I feel like I look really pale, probably because I am really pale without makeup since I wear SPF always. Maybe I need some bronzer or something.


1 comment:

  1. It was SO hot today, wasn't it? We went rock climbing at Crowder's Mtn. It wasn't bad during the climbing part, but the hikes up and down left me sweaty and exhausted. I can't wait for cooler weather. Maybe we can all go camping together! You guys look great, i know you don't take a lot of pictures together. :)

    ReplyDelete