Friday, October 30, 2009

Camper curtains




My original plan was to discard the old green curtains, because they were really stained, full of dust and smelled really bad. It dawned on me that I could at least try to wash them first, and if they fell apart I would just throw them out. I used my ordinary detergent and added some Borax. It took two washes with a 15 minute soak in between, but they actually came clean. I was pretty shocked. So I re-installed the window curtains and just made new curtains for the sleeping areas with some old drapes I found at Goodwill. I lopped off the tops, cut them in half length wise, hemmed the sides and the tops and hand sewed the hardware on. They look great and really make the sleeping areas more inviting. Plus they're lined with blackout fabric, so when we camp in the Summer the sun won't wake us up at 6:30am. The dogs will wake us up, but not the sun.


1 comment:

  1. the curtains look great! They completely changed the look of the place and I like the green and the white. I need new curtains for our camper, but i have about a dozen things to do before then. i'm starting to think we should have started SMALLER.

    ReplyDelete