Monday, October 12, 2009

Popup camper shopping

I've been scouring the internet over the last three or four months, looking for a popup camper that's in bad enough shape that we can actually afford it. Last night I added an ad to Craigslist and Freecycle and today received a reply with a promise to send pics later this week.

This is all I know about it so far, and it must be in really bad shape to be on the market for under $200:
sleeps six
working stove
working ice box (I'm wondering if it really needs ice or if that's just what the guy calls it)
mid 1970's Starcraft model
working dining room table

If it's in good condition structurally, this will be my new fix-up project. In addition to the kitchens, of course. I'm rediscovering how much I love to hang out in the garage and make stuff. The camper will provide a way for us to travel out to the mountains with the dogs and not spend an arm and a leg on lodging. Last time we went we spent $100/night on a really crappy place. Come to think of it, I never wrote a post about that weekend. I need to do that. The place where we stayed was bad. Real bad.

2 comments:

  1. ooh fun. maybe if you get one, i can help and get practice before we redecorate ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah! Get on over here with your good scrubbing hands! :)

    ReplyDelete