Thursday, October 29, 2009

Le Camper is Clean


During the cleaning:And look what was in the drawer: the original owner's manual. Awesome!
The drawers are plastic with wood fronts, so I scrubbed them out really good.

On the inside, it's as clean as it's probably been in 20 years. I swept, scrubbed, vaccuumed and deodorized it this morning. Took about 4 hours. I then had a nap, studied and now I'm getting ready to go take my Stats test. A productive day, I would say. And much better than being at work.

Prepare yourself to be wowed. Are you ready?
The living area side:

The bedroom area side:
And this is what the inside looks like when the kitchen is swung outside. It frees up valuable floor real estate.
Pretty nifty, I think. I even put non-skid material in the bottoms of the drawers and stocked it with the stuff I've been buying at thrift stores and IKEA.


Now it just needs a few more things before we can take it out:
tires need air
wheel bearings need to be inspected and repacked if necessary
the hitch connection thingy needs to be oiled
we need to find or make bed supports
the gas line needs to be checked
we need to figure out how to get the water tank out and flush it
needs a tag and the title changed to my name

This doesn't need to be done for the first trip, but I would love to replace two of the clear vinyl windows that are extremely damaged. I'm sure I can sew something once I find the "fabric". Jason said a marine shop might have it, but it's expensive, at about $20 a yard, and I need about four yards. So it might have to wait.

Off to class!

1 comment:

  1. I realize this is 3 years too late, but I was wondering what your clear vinyl solution was. Joann's sells a vinyl pretty cheap. Would that work?

    Also, do you have problems with your door sitting properly? We just bought one, and are having this issue...both the vinyl and door.

    ReplyDelete