Saturday, October 17, 2009

Metal house, metal camper...same thing




I found a camper tonight online that we're going to look at tomorrow at 8am in Gastonia, about 30 minutes from here. It's $150 and it's just a shell, which to me is better than a complete camper that has to have the insides ripped out before moving forward. The guy says it's structurally sound, other than the leaky roof, and I'm ready to buy it, as long as the wood on the inside isn't damaged.

The owner is a brusk man who likes to speak in incomplete sentences via email. He "does not want any BS". He doesn't know the make, model, approximate year or anything else about the camper. He just wants to sell it. I think it's a Shasta 1950s or 1960s model camper. Jason's not too happy about it, but we're getting up very early tomorrow.

Call me crazy, but I'm hoping to turn our camper into something like this:

1 comment:

  1. All the very best with the renovations and as a one time decorator I'll say this take heart and breath often. This is sound advice given in the best possible light. Oh, also a hug and a bless your heart those you'll need but more than that a budget for sometimes the small can add up.
    The very best of luck,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete