Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hello, Starcraft Galaxy Swinger, it's nice to meet you

I am Jen and we're going to be spending a lot of time together. I know we just met, but I already think I love you. Is that weird? For a girl to love a camper she just met? I don't think so either. *sigh* We're meant for each other.


Today we learned that you are 32 years old but have spent much of your life just sitting around. I usually don't like to hang out with the younger set, but you seem wise beyond your years, even though you have probably only been to a few different places, like Tennessee, Georgia and North Carolina. You have a swing-out table that I didn't know about until we got you home. It's so groovy. I can't wait to serve a meal on it. Do you have any favorite foods? Maybe avocado?

We got to really check you out once you were home safe, in the garage. We swung out your kitchen for inspection, cleaned it up a bit, and tried to figure out how to get your water collection tank out. Then we decided to get really bold and test your power supply. Because we brought you home for such a deal, we weren't sure anything, including your gas or power was still operational. We brought you home "as is" and that's how we will always love you...just as you are.
We decided that we hit the lottery, because all of the electric things on you that are supposed to work, do indeed work. Your interior outlets, interior lights, kitchen light (wait until other people see how cute this is) and exterior outlets all work! We're not sure if your gas works, but I bet it does. Mine works too, regularly-another thing we will have in common.

Wednesday night of this week, we're going to take a stab at perturbing our neighbors by taking you out into the driveway and raising your roof. We're only allowed to leave you out for two days at a time, according to our HOA bylaws, so we will need to put you back in the gargage this weekend. But I promise you will be back outside next week. And hopefully, if all goes well, me, you, Jase and the dogs will all be on the road to our first date within a month. I will be counting the days.

xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. It's so groovy! I love how everything swings out! I'm starting to think that perhaps we should have started small and gone with a pop-out. But our trailer is nearly paid off and hopefully will be able to go on a long trip soon. I'm thinking a week or two in Vermont this summer. You game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You're intergalactic swingers!
    It's so cool. You guys are going to have such fun with that trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VT sounds awesome. We will have to come over to your camper to "live it up" every few nights. :)

    Erin, that is so funny! We ARE intergalactic swingers! Oh wait, I wonder if our camper will give other "friendly" campers the wrong impression. I will have to make sure to keep an eye out for that.

    ReplyDelete